With more than 800 employees worldwide, the National Family offers rewarding opportunities for professional growth through our affiliate organizations National Air Cargo and National Airlines. We invite you to become a part of our award-winning team, and contribute to meaningful work in aviation, transportation, and global logistics. As a National professional, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and exceptional benefits, plus you’ll work side-by-side with like-minded colleagues in a corporate environment that maintains strong core values, a relentless commitment to customer service, and an unwavering dedication to excellence.
At National, we promote talent from within, and cultivate a culture where outstanding merit is met with meaningful reward. We provide the tools and training needed for ongoing professional growth, and facilitate development of new skills to meet changing requirements. We value achievement, and recognize those who go above and beyond to ensure mission success. If you share our commitment to providing the utmost care for passengers, cargo and customers, then we invite you to Go National.
Push the throttle forward on your career and discover your potential in aviation, transportation, logistics and global operations support.
National Air Cargo is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Business Development Manager
Sales / Americas
- Exceeds company’s revenue and profit objectives annually.
- Develops annual Global sales plan in concert with the organizations strategy and business objectives.
- Builds and maintains an active pipeline, works and communicates within Field Sales and other business units to win pipeline projects.
- Delivers presentations; provides potential and existing customers with feedback, information and support as needed; negotiates with customers and managers; and closes sales.
- Develops programs to support the National Family (Airline, Charter and Forwarder) at every opportunity.
- Acts as a liaison between customer and Operations/Management/Customer Support to ensure effective and efficient service.
- Always operates within National’s sales and ethics policies and ensures compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Recommends sales and business strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Creates tailored supply chain solutions to benefit client and National as a whole.
- Manages multiple projects globally in an organized and successful fashion while ensuring the company is prepared to meet the client’s service expectation
- Occasionally required to travel by plane or car. Fairly constant use of keyboard and computer screen. Continuously required to communicate both via phone and in person.
- Extensive travel via car, planes. Work environments are typically quiet including offices, military offices and compounds, and airports. Occasional higher noise level and other environmental factors when visiting customers and areas of air cargo transportation.
- 50-75% domestic and international travel.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
Travel Required: Yes
Accounting / Americas
-Responsible for general ledgers of domestic and foreign reporting units
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures including computing corporate allocations and transfer pricing
-Prepare monthly account reconciliations
-Reconcile global intercompany balances on a monthly basis
-Maintain the Fixed Asset and Associated depreciation schedules in the accounting system; provide monthly detail to the Senior Accountant for general Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
-Prepare external reporting for various agencies, including the Department of Transportation and Internal Revenue Service
-Assist in the coordination of the Company's annual audit
-Assist in the coordination of the Company's annual benefit plan audits
-Maintain a general understanding of other team members responsibilities to serve as a backup in their absence
-May perform other duties as required or directed
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
-4 Year degree in Business or Accounting
-2+ years accounting/finance experience; CPA a plus, but not required
-Basic Audit skills
-CPA a plus, not required
-Experience with automated accounting systems
-Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel Experience
-Basic Microsoft Word Experience
Travel Required: No
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We take affirmative steps to hire and advance females, racial minorities, Protected veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online process and need an alternative method for applying please contact Human Resources at 1-716-580-6950 or use the form above to request assistance.