With more than 800 employees worldwide, the National Family offers rewarding opportunities for professional growth through our affiliate organizations National Air Cargo and National Airlines. We invite you to become a part of our award-winning team, and contribute to meaningful work in aviation, transportation, and global logistics. As a National professional, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and exceptional benefits, plus you’ll work side-by-side with like-minded colleagues in a corporate environment that maintains strong core values, a relentless commitment to customer service, and an unwavering dedication to excellence.
At National, we promote talent from within, and cultivate a culture where outstanding merit is met with meaningful reward. We provide the tools and training needed for ongoing professional growth, and facilitate development of new skills to meet changing requirements. We value achievement, and recognize those who go above and beyond to ensure mission success. If you share our commitment to providing the utmost care for passengers, cargo and customers, then we invite you to Go National.
Push the throttle forward on your career and discover your potential in aviation, transportation, logistics and global operations support.
National Air Cargo is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Operations / Americas
Job Description:Directs the Buffalo Operations and personnel to ensure all standards and services are being achieved as planned. Responsible to ensure all customer service functions and quality program policies are managed by the operations personnel on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the daily operations of Buffalo and influencing all subordinates to deliver service results that meet the needs of the National customers
- Manages the Operations Support functions through team leaders to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Obtains and retains business on behalf of National Air Cargo by determining the appropriate routing in order to (1) provide the service level required and (2) maximize profit. Act as authorized representative of National Air Cargo in negotiating rates and establishing contractually binding shipping arrangements with airlines, pickup agents, delivery agents, etc.
- Works closely with staff on training and development issues including identification of competency requirements for individuals. Oversees training and cross training of staff.
- Facilitates and schedules effective communication meetings with leaders as necessary
- Sets strategies to meet team and individual goals as directed by the managing director
- Maintains a customer focused Operation which supports and integrates with the Sales team.
- Facilitates continuous improvement and development in all aspect of the business.
- Acts as a link between the region and corporate office.
- Maintains high standard of organizational culture, values and reputation, among employees, suppliers and regulatory/official bodies.
- Manages according to lawful and ethical standards.
- Responsible for building and coordinating the Buffalo operations team to achieve the desired shipment service results of the National customers.
- “May perform other duties as required or directed.”
- Operations Department
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:Qualifications:
Mental Requirements:Continuously required to use good judgment for decision making. Frequently required to perform calculations, analyze date, coordinate information, and communicate both verbally and in writing. Occasionally required to evaluate customers, and plan/prioritize multiple duties and projects.Computer Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field.
- Graduate degree a plus.
- Five+ years’ experience managing staff of 20+ including team leaders.
- Five+ years freight forwarding and/or airline experience.
- ISO 9000 management experience
Physical Demands:Extended periods at work station, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Required to move throughout the Company’s offices and clients’ facilities, which may be offices, airports, warehouses, loading docks, military bases, etc., within the US.Work Environment:Quiet, and generally in an office setting.Travel/Other Requirements:Less than 10% domestic travel.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Basic Microsoft Word and Power Point experience.
- Excellent leadership skills – motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences others.
- Team building skills - generates creative solutions through teamwork. Decision making skills – displays good judgment and thought processes.
- Time management skills – uses time wisely and skillfully
- Analytical skills required – coordinates diverse and complex information. Designs work flows and procedures. Requires attention to detail.
- Problem solving/judgment skills – gathers and analyzes information for decision making.
- Project management skills – manages all activities of quality assurance program. Delegates work effectively.
- Communication skills – must speak clearly and persuasively & needs effective writing skills. Communicates change effectively and leads change management.
- Organizational skills – maintains organization of multiple quality processes. Achieves organizational goals.
- Ethics – maintains integrity and ethics in quality process
Travel Required: No
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We take affirmative steps to hire and advance females, racial minorities, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
Click here for additional information regarding the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Watch this OFCCP video explaining why its important to voluntarily self-identify if you have a disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online process and need an alternative method for applying please contact Human Resources at 1-716-580-6950 or use the form above to request assistance.